Melon salad is an original idea to bring melon to the table! It is fresh and very quick to prepare, in addition, the melon will also serve as a bowl to serve the salad!
MELON SALAD: INGREDIENTS FOR 2 PEOPLE
PREPARATION TIME FOR MELON SALAD: 15 minutes
2 celery stalks
140g of corn
Salt to taste.
pumpkin seeds or sesame seeds
40g of walnuts
a little bit of oil
Melon salad is a very light and fresh dish, it is prepared in no time and is perfect to serve for an aperitif, a buffet or to take for a trip out of town. This salad is very fun to prepare but above all very original to serve, in fact, we will not use the usual bowls but we will serve it inside the melon itself.
Simply cut the melon in half, clean it well from the seeds and empty it with the help of a spoon or as we have done you can use a scoop to create cute melon balls. You can add the seeds you like most and if you also like a little rocket and chopped cherry tomatoes.
It is a very light recipe but at the same time nutritious and perfect if accompanied with simple oil bruschettas! Let’s see together how to prepare it in no time!
HOW TO PREPARE THE MELON SALAD:
1. First, let’s wash a melon well and cut it in half. With the help of a knife, we eliminate the internal seeds. I advise you to use a very cold melon from the fridge, in this way the balls will be better.
2.Once the melon has been cleaned, with the help of a digger, empty it well, forming many small balls. If you don’t have it, you can also use a teaspoon.
3. Once the melon has been emptied well, cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge. In this way, it will remain solid and perfect to be filled.
4. On a cutting board with the help of a knife, cut the cucumber (well washed and peeled) and the celery into cubes, you can put two stalks.
5. In a bowl, combine the diced cucumber and celery, the corn and finally the melon balls. We mix well with the help of a spoon.
6. Finally, add the pumpkin seeds, walnuts, a pinch of salt and a drizzle of oil. We mix the salad well until everything is well blended.
7. Take the melon out of the fridge and fill it well. Our melon salad is ready to be served! Accompany it with oil bruschetta, it will be delicious and super fresh!